Cross Country Road Trip By The Numbers

I tried to keep track of specific costs and numbers on my trip since I had never done anything like that. So here is my trip by the numbers.

Gas: $1441
Lodging (mostly RV parks): $1067.59
Miles covered: Somewhere between 5500 and 6000 miles
Car Problems: 3
Total cost to fix car: $900 (thank goodness insurance covered UHaul's errors)
Days off agenda: 2 (sadly we lost Banff and Vancouver)
States I traveled through: 21

My route for my trip


National Parks: 13
  • Badlands
  • Yellowstone
  • Grand Tetons
  • Glacier National Park
  • Crater Lake
  • Redwoods
  • Yosemite
  • Zion
  • Bryce Canyon
  • Capital Reef
  • Arches
  • Canyonlands
  • Rocky Mountain
State/Local Parks: 6
  • Mesa Falls, ID
  • Jewel Basin, MT
  • Multnomah Falls, OR
  • Mount Sanitas, CO
  • Garden of the Gods, CO
  • Castlewood Canyon, CO
Other events:
  • Visting family in Washington
  • Wedding in Portland
  • Wine tasting with Mom and Dad in Napa and Sonoma
  • Time with friends in Colorado
  • Watching the Cubs win Game 5 of World Series
PB&J sandwiches: Too many to count
Campfires: Only 2
Rainy Days: Any day we were in a city
Beautiful Days: Any day we were at a park
Wineries visited: 16
Bottles of wine purchased: 12
Time spent with family on the road: almost 4 weeks
Cubs games watched/listened to: 20
Memories: Priceless!

Can't wait for my next road trip!