Sunflower Fields

My friend and I have been enjoying learning how to take better pictures so I was thrilled when she hit me up about acres of sunflower fields in Poolesville, Maryland. The McKee Beshers Wildlife Management Area has 30 acres of sunflowers in 9 fields and it is incredible.




Three of us went with two dogs to explore and get photos. We went to at least four of the fields and each was beautiful. As we were walking through a big open field, the sky started to get dark and you guessed it, it decided to pour. We tried to take shelter under the trees, but that didn't really work well. Finally we were all soaked and we just decided to get to the next field. I actually had fun playing in the rain, but the two pups were not very happy. We still had fun posing Melissa and trying different shots. I also enjoyed trying to catch different shots of the pups. I can't ever have enough pictures of my pup. Thankfully, the rain cooled the temperature down. See below for the incredible photos. Not pictured...the large amount of mosquitos that seemed to love my legs despite the bug spray. Can't wait to go back next year.


















Want to get a dog's attention...tell them you have a treat.





Hilary in her element.
Begin the photo session. Melissa was beautiful, even after being caught in the rain. 




I love this!



























My dog really hates cameras.