The Glow


If you can't tell, I am trying to catch up on last year's adventure before we get too far into 2018. Apologies for not getting this done earlier. 

I found The Glow listed on Facebook and was intrigued by the pictures describing the event. The Glow features an enchanting and unforgettable wonderland of more than 5,000 hand carved, illuminated pumpkins transformed into beautiful landscapes, iconic figures and larger than life jack o’ lantern structures. It was only a short drive to go check it out so I conned my friends into joining me. We had a timed entry to try and keep the area less crowded. We actually got there just after our time so we mostly walked in. It was a lot of fun. There are over 5,000 carved pumpkins that make large or small displays. There are different themes as you walk through including under the sea, Disney, carnival, dinosaurs, and more. The weather was perfect to walk through the pumpkin wonderland. I will let the pictures do a better job of describing the scene, but it is worth a visit in the future. 











I turned the flash on once to see how they got these to work. Cool to see behind the scenes but way better without the background. 


Those are all carved pumpkins!

Yep, more carved pumpkins








The last stop is a field of carved pumpkins and the 4 in the middle are animated and tell punny jokes.