I'm Back!

So it has been a long time since I last wrote.  Life has definitely taken different turns but I thought it is time to return to the blog.  I have so much to look forward to this year and so many fun things to remember from the last 2 years so I feel it is only right.

So what have I been up to since Ironman Wisconsin in a quick review....
 
  • Ran Disney half marathon with my dad (his first race ever!)
  • Went to work overseas for 6 months
  • Visited one of my best friends in New Zealand and then joined my brother to visit my cousin in Australia
  • Knee surgery #2...meniscus repair (not fun...9 month recovery)
  • See list above, very limited tri stuff during this time
  • Adopted my amazing, loving dog!  I couldn't be happier with Callie in my life.
  • Bought a house (small, but perfect for me)
  • Took a crazy job that had me starting at 4am (and mostly 11-12 hour days)
  • Did a sprint and Olympic triathlon (not so great since I was still recovering from knee surgery...again 9 month recovery)
  • Said goodbye to my wonderful Grandpa.  He is loving life in Heaven with my grandma now and hopefully smiling down on us
  • Finished my crazy hour job
  • Rewarded myself with a trip with friends to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu! (more to come on this)
  • Return to knee surgery #3 (this time just meniscus removal)
  • And finally waited a month to start running so I can train for Disney Princess half in a month
So yes, you don't see much about my athletic career but I have been busy.  I have decided I am three and done for knee surgeries so no more for me.  I will fill in on some of the highlights above in future posts (both vacations deserve some more love), but this serves for a quick what has Sam been up to in the last 2 years. 

Glad to be back and I am planning on more athletic events this year.  Already signed up for the Bay Swim (4.4 miles) and planning on at least a few triathlons.  Maybe I can even con my brother into one with me.  Looking forward to see what 2015 has in store for me.