Disney Here We Come!

Somehow I conned my two friends into running the Disney Princess half marathon with me. Neither have run a half before and one hasn't been to Disney before. I am so excited for both. Sometimes I start to take my crazy training schedule as normal. Also finishing a half marathon is no longer exciting, but expected. It has been great training with non-runners to realize that a half marathon is a big accomplishment. Every training run is a new PR distance and I get to help them get there.

It is also great coming back to running after surgery. Running with my friends has made running fun again but has also kept me in check. Jo is a new runner so we have been doing a run/walk. This has kept my speed in check and helped me come back without injury. My long runs are slower but fun chatting with friends. My shorter runs have been getting faster each week.

In addition to running with my friends, Callie had done every training run since surgery with me. She loves when I say "want to go on a run?"  She had pulled me along on almost every run too. We take on ten miles this weekend and I know she will do great. Not only does she lead each run but she sprints the yard as soon as we get back. She even got me down to 9 min miles for our recent 3 mile run. I haven't hit that pace in three years since before my first surgery. I am so excited for my new training partner (at least until it gets too hot).

10 days til my fun half marathon! Oh and we even made simple costumes. I am so excited!