DC Springtime Fun

A year ago I got my DSLR camera and I have been trying to learn how to use it since. My friend, Hilary, and I both got Nikon D3300 before our trip to Italy last year, but neither of us really knew what we were doing. We tried figuring things out in Italy, but mostly I kept my camera on auto.


I didn't buy my camera to keep it on auto though, so I took two classes through Capital Photography Center (http://capitalphotographycenter.com/). I loved the DSLR 101 class. They taught me how to get off auto and use the manual settings to get a better photo. I followed that class up with a day long course on Lightroom. Now I knew how to take pictures and how to make them better.

So lately I have been enjoying trying different photos, especially on my hikes. Two months ago, I decided to enjoy the springtime flowers after a run and stopped at my favorite spots. We have been running from Columbia Island Marina so after our 6 mile run, I took Callie back to the Navy-Merchant Marine Memorial. This is along the Mt Vernon Trail so I am guessing most tourists never see this memorial. It is simple, but the flowers make it stunning.





She couldn't figure out why we were hanging out, but she seemed ok with it.



My absolute favorite view of DC is from the Netherlands Carillion near the Iwo Jima monument. I used to live in an apartment nearby and would come here often to just enjoy the views. It was a busy morning when I went, but I still admired the views.









And then of course I had fun with my favorite model, Callie. She was exhausted so she mostly just lounged in the yard, but still had fun trying to get a few good shots.



More fun photos to come as I learn more and try new things with my camera.