Luray Caverns

I have lived in Northern Virginia for almost 8 years and I finally visited Luray Caverns. I have seen the commercials for years and even visited Luray several times for triathlons, but never had the time to stop. One of my closest friends got married in Luray in April and I took the opportunity to use my Saturday morning before her amazing wedding to visit Luray Caverns.




Luray Caverns was so impressive. Shenandoah has incredible views and wonderful hikes, but I would have never known that such impressive caverns were located in the same area. It is hidden under a field and was randomly discovered by some locals. I can't imagine their surprise finding these incredible caverns. Pictures can't do this justice, but I tried my best. Oh and the tour ends with a natural organ. They use vibrations against the stalactites and stalagmites to create different tones and music. I definitely recommend visiting Luray Caverns. It take about an hour to explore and is worth every minute.

The spot where the Caverns were discovered.









I adore the water shots. The reflection was perfect.















This is my favorite shot. Shows so many different aspects we saw throughout the Caverns.