Cleared for Fun

Hi everyone,
I know it has been awhile since I have posted and a lot has happened since then.  I have reflected on my summer so far and it hasn't been my best.  In the last two-ish months, I have had knee surgery, lost power during a heat wave for 4 days, found out my car is really broken, started shopping for a new car, continued rehabbing my knee, and trying to stay positive while things around me seem to fall apart.

So...I will hopefully have posts to come about a lot of the above, but more importantly, I finally went to the Dr for my check-up.  He is super impressed with my knee and the progress.  I am only two degrees shy of having my full range of motion back.  He was testing the strength and motion and was asking when my next event is (Yes I am the crazy tri girl to him).  Well funny thing is my next event is this weekend!  Yes I am doing the Musselman AquaVelo race.  I was signed up for the 1/2 Ironman but of course I can't run and won't walk 13.1 miles so I got rid of the run.  I will be swimming 1.2 miles and biking 56 miles this weekend.

My Dr didn't even laugh when I told him this.  He told me to listen to my knee and if there is bone pain (yes I do know the difference) that I should stop.  After the race, I need to take anti-inflammatories (if needed) and ice.  So while most of my teammates are running a half marathon, I will be icing and enjoying being done.  It will be incredibly hard not to race the bike since that is what I would normally do, but I will enjoy the ride and listen to my body.  Having my Dr tell me I could do it does make me feel better though.  I am also cleared to start training on the elliptical!  I was definitely needing good news today and I got it!

More on the new car and crazy outage later but more importantly congrats to my cousin Drew and his wife Jessie!  They welcomed Addilyn Jewel Mader into the world on July 9th!  She is adorable and I can not wait to meet her at the end of the month!

Proud Big Brother Mason and Addilyn

She is so adorable!