Question Everything

So I have started to question everything in my life which is possibly a good thing in the long run. Am I in the right job? What would I rather do? What makes me happy in life? Why does my knee still hurt sometimes and should I still be running? Will I lose friends if I give up running? What will I fill my time with?

Yes some of these are deep and others just question my health. The job question is not one to chat about right now. The knee problem one is a big one right now. I have been doing ok at my marathon training, which was really a 5k training plan to start since the marathon is so far off. I have been hitting my times at the track but going much slower on long runs. My run on Sunday was supposed to be 8-10 miles with the second half faster than the first. Melissa and I started off and aimed for ten minute miles so we could drop time. She is recovering from injury and we figured starting slow was good. My knee started acting up from the beginning which is hasn't done in awhile. It occasionally flares up during a run but nothing a 5 second stretch can't fix. Well Sunday I couldn't get it to stop hurting and we ended up walking 3 miles home after only running 4. Even trying a jog/walk wasn't possible because my knee hurt to badly.

Which makes me start to question my sanity of running on a knee that has had surgery 3 times already. For some reason I have this goal to break 4 hours on a marathon but I think I need to be honest and realize my body isn't cut out for it. I am not a small person and definitely not fast. Maybe if I lost 10-15 pounds my knee would be better, but I won't. Maybe I just need to accept that I am not a runner and move on. What does breaking 4 actually get me anyway? Time to find a new hobby that does not include pounding all of my weight on my knees. Question is, do I race the marathon in November or stay healthy, enjoy the Disney half with my dad and get through the Goofy? Maybe I go back to a sport where my size is helpful instead of painful.

Decisions , decisions. On a more positive note, I picked wineries to visit with my dad this weekend and at least those won't hurt my knee.