Cleared to Run

I had my three month post surgery checkup on Wednesday and everything looks great.  He said the bone is fusing back together and that I am doing great.  He also gave me permission to start running and see how it feels.  He seemed to think I would finish my Ironman and is looking forward to seeing a finisher picture when I get back.

I tried running that night at PT and I can do it.  It is awkward and uncomfortable but I can do it.  Tomorrow is my longest run before the race.  My goal is to go between 13 and 15 miles to show that my legs can do it.  I will mix in a bit of jogging in there but figure it is too late in the game to hurt it running now.  I haven't run since April so I guess I will continue my walking.  Hopefully I can walk to DC (through the same hills I struggled with two weeks ago) and enjoy some monuments (and water fountains).  At least the area can hopefully keep me entertained and limit walking boredom.

New goal...run through transition!  This is where people are standing and cheering between each sport and I would love to be able to jog the small amount there instead of walking.

Two week from Sunday, I will hopefully finish another Ironman!