Baby Shower Fun

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  It was a very hot one here so I spent all Saturday inside preparing for our baby shower happy hour.  I had to make two diaper cakes and one cookies and cream cake so I started first thing Saturday morning.

The diaper cakes are interesting because you build layers with rolled up diapers.  I had to make two trips to CVS to buy rubber bands which prolonged the process but also gave my knee a break from sitting on the ground.  I am extremely happy with how they turned out and it only took me about 2.5 to 3 hours to make them both.
The yellow cake for the couple who hate pink.  
The pink cake (love the dog at the top)
Once the two cakes were done, I did some work around the house.  I have lived in this house for about a month but we have been slow to move in.  This is the first weekend I felt comfortable being on my feet more often so I got some work done.  Not enough of course, but at least we got to moving furniture on Sunday (more on that later this week).

The best part of the day is always making cakes!  It is my new fun hobby and I think my co-workers and teammates are ok with this hobby.  I had made these cookies and cream cupcakes with Mel when she visited and everyone loved it.  So I figured I would try it in cake form and it turned out great.  Everyone loved it and sadly there were no leftovers to bring home to my roommates.
Pink frosting on the cookies and cream cake to honor the two new girls joining the world soon.
Sunday was a completely different adventure.  More info on this later this week, but I spent the day cheering on my roommate Kendra at the Half Ironman Eagleman in 90 degree heat.  Kendra placed second in a great race and earned a spot to the Half Ironman World Championships in Vegas.  More info and awesome pics from this race later this week.

Hopefully I can keep being productive even with limited physical activity!