Relearning How to Walk

Yes, the title is what I learned today at physical therapy.  I have ditched the crutches (my doctor told me to do so) and have been hobbling around.  The physical therapist today told me I needed to relearn how to walk.  So I am now walking heel to toe and trying to bend my knee a little with each step.  Who knew you could forget how to walk in one week.

As far as progress is going, my doctor and therapist said I am doing ok.  I am meeting with both on Tuesday and need to progress by that time.  I have small stretches and movements to work on at home.  These include sliding my foot closer to my butt to work on the bend and straightening it and working on developing my quad muscle again.  I also get to bike!  Sadly my knee doesn't bend enough to actually go around the full circle on the bike so I get to rock it back and forth and push my knee to go a little further each time for 10 full minutes a day!

Not much else new to report but I am getting there.  Still dreaming about a day that my knee bends and trust me, you will know when it does.  I was talking with my volleyball teammate Mel (who has had 4 knee surgeries and gave me lots of good clues on what to expect) and she said that is a glorious day.

Everybody have a great weekend.  I am hoping to avoid the tornadoes in the area tonight!