I biked (sort of)

I was able to bike twice this weekend.  Yes, my knee still doesn't really like bending so of course I didn't really bike.  My therapist recommended using my bike on my trainer to work pushing my knee to bend.  So my left leg controlled the rocking of my right leg back and forth while pushing the knee to bend a little more each time.  I successfully did a full rotation yesterday and today.  Yesterday it took about 8 minutes of work to get a full rotation, today it only took about 5 min.  Obviously I am a long way to actually riding my bike but it is a start.

So proud of my ability to bend my knee!

I was also able to go cheer on my teammates at a local sprint race today.  It is always fun to see new and old teammates racing and excelling.  It was harder than I thought to watch though.  I get to start swimming this week, but it will be awhile til I can bike or run.  I was jealous and while watching what I couldn't do, my knee wasn't happy with all the driving, standing, and sitting I was doing.  If it had its way, my knee would like to be propped up on the couch all the time.  Sadly, I can't listen to my knee but I did come home and enjoyed plenty of couchtime after the race.  I realize this will be a long journey back to actually racing, but hopefully each step will get easier.  Who knows, maybe I will actually be able to bike on my trainer this week (a girl can dream).