Today Was a Good Day

Today was a good day for me.  

Good thing number 1...I went swimming for an hour (don't ask how my arms feel tomorrow).  Turning at the wall is difficult since I still can't really bend my right knee but I figured it out and moved to my own lane.  Sadly I haven't figured out how to turn fast so I limit people in my lane exiling me to my own lane.  

Good thing number 2...only worked a half day.  Yes I did have two doctor appointments in the afternoon, but still a half day of work is always nice.  

Good thing number 3...my physical therapist said I was doing a good job!  She was impressed on the improvement between Friday and now.  I always take that as a good thing.  She did almost bring me to tears by bending my knee to the extreme, but she said I would thank her later.  Then she put me on the bike for 10 minutes and I actually biked!  Sure I only got about 1/2 mile in ten minutes but it is better than nothing.  Can't wait for her to stretch me out again on Friday (total sarcasm there).

Good thing number 4...my doctor said I was doing well.  He was not really impressed last week, but he seemed really happy with my range of motion this week.  He did ask me to ensure that the physical therapist was pushing me in rehab since I am an athlete and can handle it.  

Good thing number 5...free Baja Fresh tacos!  The local bike store hosts rides every Tuesday, but the first one of the month has a free bbq after.  Of course I didn't ride, but I figured no one would deny me food so I met my teammates there for some socializing and free food.  I do have to admit, the food does taste much better after the ride.

Still waiting to be able to walk normal or just bend my leg when I want, but it is getting there.  Everyone I have talked to that has had knee surgery said that is the most frustrating part is the time it takes to start walking normal. 

On a fun side note, super excited to make two baby shower diaper cakes for co-workers.  We found the idea and I will be starting to put them together tomorrow.  If they turn out well, I will post pictures.  Also get to try to make a fun cake for it on Sunday after hopefully watching my roommate/teammate qualify for Kona at a half Ironman in Maryland.